Legalization of documents
Instruction for the legalization of documents by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
1. The Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine pursuant to the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations (1963), the Consular Statute of Ukraine, approved by Decree of the President of Ukraine 127/94, conducts legalization of documents issued by official bodies of Ukraine directed for circulation abroad.
2. The Department of Consular Service legalizes the following documents:
- original public documents of new Ukrainian sample, issued by authorities registering acts of civil state, certified by regional Department of the Ministry of Justice in the region (oblast') of their issuance; Department of Justice in the Autonomous Republic of the Crimea; Municipal Departments of Justice in Kyiv and Sevastopol; Central and Livoberezhnyi Authorities registering acts of civil state.
- original documents of education (diplomas, certificates of degree etc.) of international sample shall be legalized if the application letter of the Higher Educational Institution issuing such document is provided. This letter should be certified by the Ministry supervising such Institution.
- copies, translations and other documents, certified or issued by State notaries. These documents should be certified by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
Upon legalization by the Department of Consular Service, public documents should be certified by diplomatic mission or consular post of the State wherein they will be used.
3. Publicdocuments, executed in a foreign State,could be legalized by the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine after being certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State (or other body authorized to certify the documents designated for use abroad) from which they emanate and by a Consular Post of such State, representing this State in Ukraine.
4. Documents belonging to natural persons (citizens) shall be accepted for legalization only if a passport or any other document identifying person is provided; as far as the legalization of documents certifying marital status is concerned, a national passport is required. When handing in documents for legalization belonging to or written out for another person, an applicant should present notaries letter of attorney issued by the owner of these documents. A letter of attorney, issued by competent bodies of foreign State should be certified in Ukrainian Consulate in this State.
5. Documents of legal entities shall be accepted if the application letter on a letterhead with a requisite and a seal of the enterprise is provided. Such application letter must contain: a list of documents, purpose for legalization of documents, information about a person authorized to hand in documents. Where necessary the Department of Consular Service may require other (additional) documents to ascertain the facts indicated in documents subject to legalization.
6. All citizens handing in their documents for consular legalization shall fill in an application form.
7. Consular fees for legalization shall be paid directly in the bank office located in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, upon documents subjects to legalization have been handed in:
51 UAH for documents of private persons;
170 UAH for documents of legal entities.
8. Inthe case of legalization on urgent procedure the double consular fee is to be paid.
9. The Division ofobtaining documents and documents authenticationof the Department of Consular Service is open during all working days:
- reception hours–9.00-12.00;
- obtaining documents hours–16.00-17.00 (Friday–16.00-16.30);
- Address of Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: 2, Velyka Zhytomyrska St., Kyiv, 01018;
- Telephone number for other inquiries: +38 (044) 238-16-69;
- Fax: +38 (044) 238-16-69
10. The rules of consular legalization in foreign Consular Posts based in Ukraine may be obtained only in these Consular Posts.
Authentication of documents
Quite often Thai citizens and business persons require that certain documents should be "legalized" or "authenticated" so that they can be used in Ukraine. The procedures to be followed depend on the nature of the documents and are similar to the requirements of all other governments throughout the world.
Authentication by the Consular Section (Legalization)
1. After a document has been authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of the Kingdom of Thailand, it may then be submitted to the Consular Section for "authentication/legalization".
When presenting official documents to the Consular Section for legalization:
(a) individuals should provide a document that confirms his or her identity, as well as a declaration addressed to the Consular Section, dated and signed by the individual, which also identifies the document to be legalized by the Consular Section and for what purpose;
(b) legal entities should provide their letterhead signed by an authorized representative of the legal entity stating the intended use of the document.
In case if an individual or legal entity submits a declaration for the legalization of documents through a representative, a power of attorney or other notarized document confirming authority on the representative to act on behalf of the individual or legal entity, whose document is being presented for legalization, must also be submitted.
(c) photocopy of the set of documents for authentication should also be submitted. In doing so, due care must be taken not to remove any staples. Photocopies of multi-page documents must be in exact sequential order as the original, collated and attached to the original document with a clip.
Failure to comply will result in the return of the documents unprocessed.
2. The Consular Section will legalize only those documents which are duly authenticated by relevant Thai authorities as outlined above.
3. The fees for legalization shall be checked on the website of the Embassy of Ukraine in the Kingdom of Thailand. The fees are not refundable after the legalization of documents.
4. Legalization processing time is 5 business days. Urgent processing is available at the double fee. The urgent processing time is 1-3 business days.
87 All Seasons Place, CRC Tower, 33rd Floor, Wireless Road, Lumpini, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
|Phone:||(00 662) 685 32 16|
|Fax:||(00 662) 685 32 17|
Reception of foreign nationals and stateless persons:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 09:00 -12:00
Tuesday: 14:00 - 17:00
|Boundaries of the consular district:||
The Kingdom of Thailand