Frequently asked questions/FAQ
What documents are required to apply for a Ukrainian visa?
The list of requested documents you can find here - http://thailand.mfa.gov.ua/en/press-center/news/56004-resolution-of-the-cabinet-of-ministers-of-ukraine-no118on-approval-of-the-rules-for-visa-issuance-for-entry-to-and-transit-through-the-territory-of-ukraine-to-come-into-force-on-16-of-april-2017
How does the invitation letter for foreigner, who intends to visit friends in Ukraine, look like?
Notarized letter of invitation from a physical person – Ukrainian citizen, foreigner or stateless person who legally reside, temporarily or permanently, in Ukraine. Invitation shall contain full name of a physical person, details of his/her passport and temporary or permanent residency permit (for a foreigner or stateless person), address, and full name of the invited person, information about his/her date and place of birth, nationality, passport details, place of residence, purpose of visit, duration of intended visit to Ukraine, number of entries and place of stay in Ukraine, physical person’s obligations towards possible costs related to the invited person’s stay or departure from Ukraine. The invitation shall be appended by copies of a hosting person’s passport and temporary or permanent residency permit in Ukraine (for a foreigner or stateless person).
What documents should be presented to the Embassy in case if I plan to visit Ukraine for tourist purpose? 5.
For all visa types, unless otherwise stipulated by legislation or international treaties of Ukraine, the following documents are to be submitted to the authorize body:
1) passport (be valid for at least three months after the stated date of departure from Ukraine; have at least two blank pages; have validity period of no longer than 10 years);
2) completed and signed visa application form. On behalf of legally incapable persons, visa application forms are submitted by their legal representatives. Persons whose information is included in passport of a foreigner or stateless person and who travel together with them shall submit their own visa application forms. Visa application forms of minors shall be submitted with signature of a parent or legal guardian;
3) one coloured photo 35 mm x 45 mm;
4) valid health insurance with coverage of at least 30,000 EUR or equivalent in other currency, unless otherwise stipulated by legislation or international treaties of Ukraine. When multi-entry visa is requested, availability of health insurance valid for the first intended visit to Ukraine shall be considered. Holders of diplomatic or service passport shall be exempt from this requirement;
5) proof of the applicant’s financial sufficiency for the intended period of stay and return to the country of origin, or transit to a third country, or the possibility to legally obtain sufficient financial means on the territory of Ukraine, as required by the Rules for proving financial sufficiency of foreigners and stateless persons for entry to Ukraine, stay on the territory of Ukraine, transit through the territory of Ukraine and departure from Ukraine, and establishment of the amount of such sufficiency, approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 4 December 2013 No. 884 (Official Bulletin of Ukraine, 2013, No. 97, Art. 3582). When multi-entry visa is requested, financial sufficiency for the first planned visit to Ukraine shall be considered. Holders of diplomatic or service passport shall be exempt from this requirement;
6) payment slip for consular fee, unless otherwise stipulated by legislation or international treaties of Ukraine.
7) letter of invitation from a legal person registered in Ukraine, presented on the official letterhead, containing indication of the number assigned in the Unified State Registry of legal entities, individual entrepreneurs and citizens’ associations, registration number, date and signature, full name of the invited person, information about his/her date and place of birth, nationality, passport details, place of residence, purpose of visit, duration of intended visit to Ukraine, number of entries and place of stay in Ukraine, legal person’s obligations towards possible costs related to the invited person’s stay or departure from Ukraine;
What requirements does the passport must meet in order to apply for a Ukrainian visa?
Passport that should meet the following requirements:
be valid for at least three months after the stated date of departure from Ukraine;
have at least two blank pages;
have validity period of no longer than 10 years.
How can I extend my visa?
Validity of the visa cannot be extended. According to paragraph 6 of the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine №150, 2012, (http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/150-2012-%D0%BF), for foreigners or stateless persons can be extended the period of stay in Ukraine. The State Migration Service of Ukraine is in charge of this procedure.
What are the rules for the Ukrainian nationals travelling abroad?
The list of foreign countries and traveling regime can be found at:
Whose citizens can be issued visas to enter Ukraine at border-crossing points?
Australia, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, China (PRC), Dominica (the Commonwealth), El Salvador, Guatemala, Grenada, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia (FSM), New Zealand, Oman, Palau, Peru, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Seychelles, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, Timor Leshte, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates and Vanuatu.
What documents are required for the nationals of The Russian Federation traveling to Ukraine?
Foreign passport and document confirming sufficient financial support.
Whether invitation for study in Ukraine is sufficient enough to apply for a visa for study purpose?
The invitation letter of a foreigner issued by Ukrainian higher educational institutions should be registered at the State Centre of International Education (ref. Issuing and registration procedure of the invitations for foreigners and stateless persons intending to study (run internship) in Ukraine, adopted by the Decree of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine №1541 dated 01.11.2013, registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine №2004/255-36).
Where should I apply for the registration of an invitation to study in Ukraine?
For registration of invitations for foreign students you can apply to the Ukrainian State Centre of International Education, Tel: (044) 359 05 39.
87 All Seasons Place, CRC Tower, 33rd Floor, Wireless Road, Lumpini, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
|Phone:||(00 662) 685 32 16|
|Fax:||(00 662) 685 32 17|
Reception of foreign nationals and stateless persons:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 09:00 -12:00
Tuesday: 14:00 - 17:00
|Boundaries of the consular district:||
The Kingdom of Thailand